The Benefit of Age (Senior Citizens)
Welcome to Ken. G. Morka Foundation Senior Citizens Network (The Benefit of Age), Where we Maximum Care for the Elderly.
Our Aim is to reach all and to truly empower the voices of senior citizens across Africa by showing them immense love and care through the Grace of God.
Our mission: To promote, help maintain, improve and enhance the quality of life and overall well-being of all men and women who are seniors in our community so that they can live long and enjoy a glorious old age.
Our Purpose: It is primarily set up to promote and enhance the quality of the life of members who are sixty years of age and above. Physically and mentally active members are expected to support the inactive ones.
To Promote and Empower Senior Citizen on the Grassroots level, as part of:
Our Senior Citizens Network offers a wide variety of programs and services, including:
- Meal and Nutrition Programs
- Information and Assistance
- Health, Fitness, and Wellness Programs
- Transportation Services
- Social and Recreational Activities
- Educational and Arts programs
- Fun & Relaxation
- Awareness & Seminars
We are dedicated to creating a collective voice for African Senior Citizen and assisting them to Benefit Old Age. The seniors are people who have attained the age of 60years and above. Men and Women above 55 years (The Benefit of Age) could be accepted as associates.
Enriching the Lives of Senior Citizens:
- Senior Citizen Rights
- Old Age Homes
- Home for Hope
- Water for Hope
- Daily Fitness
- Hearing Aids
- Medical Assistance
- Organizes monthly meetings for relaxation of the elders
- Gives Health, nutrition and fitness education seminars.
- Offers free medical check-up once a year.
- Provides free eyes test once a year
- Organizes tours / sight-seeing once a year.
- Organizes annual conference.
- Provides various relaxation games / games competition.
- Have many programs to alleviate the suffering of those seniors that are not active.
- Gives awards and honours to those who contribute to the welfare of seniors either in government or out of government.
- Offers prayer sessions.
- To promote the welfare of seniors all over the nation and the world.
- To enhance social and physical well-being.
- To prevent loneliness after retirement.
- To control post retirement stress.
- To encourage new relationships and new friendship.
- To prolong life in good health and happiness.
- To live a glorious old age.
- To learn the secrets of long life and graceful aging.
- To be a centre for personal development.
- To share life experience among members and even with the younger generation.
What causes diseases and premature death is an in-balance in six major resources of life. They are:
- The Spirit
- The Mind
- The Body
- The People Around You
Program of Action
- Establishment Of stakeholder Relationships.
- Establishment of Africa/National Council Committees.